Thursday, August 23, 2012

How I spent my summer "vacation"

Swimming
lots of swimming
Sweating
I feel like I've been melting all summer
Crying
this summer has been hard
Correcting
all I need is a whistle and a black and white striped shirt!
Comforting
leaving our home of 9 years has been hard on the kids and cats (and me) - Zeke is a rock!
Changing
Cleaning
TOO MUCH cleaning and I'm sure it's not enough. 
Thanks, Lora!
Packing
Un-packing
Praying
Pleading
Pricing
Pondering
Planning
Phone-calling
Emailing
Meeting new people
More phone-calling
More emailing
Buying LOTS of popsicles
Watching "Cake Boss"
(and sorry to say, lots of Dinosaur Train and Pound Puppies -- "Fuhget aboud it!")
Buying cake 
(notice I didn't say baking)
Watching "The Adventures of Merlin"
if only I could look like Morgana and not BE like Morgana!
Having LOTS of picnics
Hiking
Spelunking
Going to the fair
Thinking
Wishing 
Hoping 
Dreaming
Stressing
Obsessing
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
Just surviving
 and LAUNDRY
oh, the laundry -- especially towels!
Oh, I did NOT do any yard work! Bonus :)
A summer to remember, but glad to be through it really.
What did I miss the most?
the things I need the most:
Good friends
Good books

How did you spend YOUR summer vacation?
(Man, I hope I get an A on this!)

4 comments:

  1. A*
    Star is better than a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck cracks me up with his hand up like that! We miss you soooo much but you are on to a new adventure. change is the worst but it's a great change. I'm so glad summer is over too.it was hard for some reason. but we survived.yay! ! ! Hahaha. here's to a fantastic Fall! And I'm so glad you're blogging again.I've got to get back on it.it's hard with kids at home :( but it's all good. Anywho.forgive my grammar and typing.this phone Swyping is tricky.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful summer. Here's to whatever the fall brings.

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...