Saturday, March 26, 2011

And the quilt goes to...

Today I took the I-Spy Quilt over to my dear friend, Julie. I was so excited to give it to her. This is Julie (on the right) with another good friend of mine, Jenny, who let me use her picture of them. Thanks, Jenny.
She's ALWAYS doing amazing things for me and I wanted to do something extra special for her. For example, one night she agreed to watch my children at my house while Zeke and I went on a date. Pretty cool, right? But it gets better: while we were gone, she helped the kids clean our entire house AND brought prizes for them when they finished. Can you say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G?!

Just recently, she let our family borrow the train table from her preschool to keep in our house "as long as we wanted to" and play with just because Beck really likes trains. Yeah, she is a really special friend. She just takes the time to help others in really personal ways and is very genuine.

She is so much fun to be with too! I remember the last Relief Society Christmas party I got to sit by Julie. We laughed so much... I think the other sisters thought something was wrong with us. I went home and tried to tell Zeke how funny it was... and I couldn't really explain what exactly we'd even been talking about. You just had to be there! It was the best :)

Zeke and I had so much fun visiting with Julie and her husband, Jody, today. You know some of our friends; some are my friends and some are Zeke's. Some couples I really enjoy the wife and then other couples Zeke really gets along well with the husband, but with Julie and Jody we just CLICK!! We could talk for HOURS with them and never want to leave... which is basically what happened today. Well, maybe it was only an hour, but we had to get home to the kids.

Julie is one of the most talented, organized, generous, spiritual, and intelligent people I know. She is one of my "heroes" that I really look up to and want to pattern my life after. I hope she knows how special she is. I am so thankful for good friends in my life. Thanks, Julie, for everything! I need a picture of us together :)

6 comments:

  1. Lacy! She's THE perfect person for this quilt. I have learned SO MUCH from her. She really has helped me become a better person. i really look forward to her lessons in RS. i can go on! she's so funny and sweet. i wish i could be more like her. what a wonderful thing you have given her. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a true friend! She is lucky to have YOU, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is wonderful, and she is definitely pretty wonderful, too. As are you. I'm sure she'll treasure this quilt forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are a pretty A-M-A-Z-I-N-G friend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so nice of her to have your kids clean the house. I don't think I even have thoughts that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, everyone deserves a Julie in their lives...
    Glad you have one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...