Wednesday, April 18, 2012

THE most important job...

I remember LONG ago saying I was going to post this poem as soon as I found it...
I've been praying to find it because I always feel better when I read it OFTEN and I wanted to share it with my fellow MOMMIES:

The most important job in the world
 doesn't offer an hourly wage
 or days off
 or paid vacations.
But it does offer real feelings,
shining faces,
bedtime stories,
small victories,
priceless memories,
and many wonderful moments of joy...
Always remember,
there's no more important job in this world
than the one you do every day with all your heart.

On Facebook the other day, my friend Bree, said this: "I find so much strength, yet so much insanity through my kids. (Ironic how that goes) I love them each for different reasons, & each gives me a gift that no other can give."

Being a Mother is without question,
 THE hardest and THE most rewarding thing you will ever do. 









In spite of all the chaos, tears, empty bank account, and messy house...
it's completely worth it, 
because it can also be SO MUCH FUN!

This is one of my all-time favorite songs that never fails to lift my spirits, especially on this rainy day.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you my friend!! Needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again...I love this post. And it reminds me of a video that makes me cry every time. The title is "Best Job | P&G London 2012 Olympic Games Film" on YouTube. For some reason it is not letting me embed the video or the link. But you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought the pencil drawer was your own thought or something from the fly lady. I always thing of you and the fly lady. Beck looks so sweet sleeping. I love sleeping children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen :) I've never seen their video of that, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lacy. It truly is the hardest job, but that is one of the things that makes it the best! I fear I haven't been giving my children my best lately, so this post inspires me to do better.

    Hope you're doing well! I've been super absent in the blogosphere lately, and I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing realization in therapy this week: I'm a good mom even with my illness. Even while I'm depressed and anxious, I am a wonderful mother. I always thought I was just trying to get over this weakness so that eventually I could be a good mom, but we can excel through our illnesses and our vices. I love my kids and I do a darn good job.

    You do, too. You definitely can do hard things. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...