Thursday, January 10, 2013

January Project: Garden Flowers Quilt

Alright. As part of my "Balance, Exactness, Focus" Mantra for 2013, I'm going to finish up some projects I started last year. I want to finish what I start and I want my mind to be less cluttered (as well as my fabric bins!)

In addition to at least half a dozen other smaller things, I have three quilts I've been working on. Yes, THREE!! A "garden flowers" quilt for my friend, Tawnya, a pinwheel quilt for "someone" (it's a surprise!), and a T-shirt quilt for Gabe.

Here's a sneak peek of the "Garden Flowers" quilt.
I LOVE the colors!!  
(By the way, my phone doesn't have a flash on it... so not the best picture.) 

This is such a fun quilt. I offered to help my friend, Tawnya, make it... oh, I think it was LAST February! Yeah, I have a problem not finishing stuff. I'm sure Tawnya is regretting the day she handed it over to me. Sorry!!! However, in my defense: we moved 6 months ago, I'm currently without a sewing table/space to sew, and I'm actually more than halfway finished.

Anyway, I've made a lot of progress in the last week! I'm kicking myself for not finishing it before we moved, but at first I was a bit intimidated by it. I'm not the most experienced quilter, really. I think I told you that, right? It's been a really good experience for me, though, and so far, I think it's looking great! There was a great little spiritual analogy that came to me while making this quilt. I need to put it down into words so I can share it with you, but today I'm trying my best to focus on the quilt.

I've made a goal to finish it by January 26th! :) 
Balance, Exactness, Focus

2 comments:

  1. Go you! My goal is to finish the quilt I started in June of 2010. So I totally get it. :) I'm cheering for you even now!

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...