Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday, Monday... so good to me

I love simple things. Mending. Gardening (indoor for today). Repairing random things. Watering my plants. Folding Clothes. Baking. Talking and laughing together. Helping my girls sew Barbie dresses. Building Legos with Beck. Listening to good music: Beatles, Mamas and the Papas, Elton John, Eagles, Van Morrison, CCR, Simon and Garfunkel. Making milkshakes with Gabe. Even vacuuming.

I've been able to do all of these things today and I feel so good inside. 
I love having a day off from all of the driving to and from schools. I needed to refuel.

What's wrong with me? It must be the music. :)
Every time I listen to the Beatles, I think of my niece, Jacey, who also loves them!
She has good taste.

It's cold outside. Freezing. The inversion is terrible. Another red air day. 
So hard for my Kaia with her asthma. Really, though, it's too cold for any of us to even want to play outside!

The kids are out of school today for Martin Luther King, Jr. day. 
I sat them down a couple days ago and read: 

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I asked them who said it and why it's important. We had a good chat. They all knew immediately who said this quote and I felt thankful for the schools they attend. Kaia said, "Why do people care what color someone's skin is?" Good question, sweetie. During Christmas break, we watched "Remember the Titans" with all of the kids and it was interesting to see their reaction to it and learn that some people really do judge people by the color of their skin. Even today. I don't understand it either.

On Saturday, we were able to go to the Cabinet people and pick out all of the cabinets and countertops for our new house. It was SO absolutely FUN. Wow. Zeke and I really have similar tastes and that makes things easier, I'm sure. The lady that helped us said we were the fastest client she's ever worked with. 1-1/2 hours and we were done. Half of that was messing around and chatting. We knew what we wanted, at least, for the kitchen. Then, we had some fun back-ups that kept popping out at us and we thought they just "had to go somewhere", so we decided to use them in the bathrooms and laundry room. Why not? 
I love COLOR. 

Here they are, from top to bottom:
Cosmic Strandz (for the half bath)
Tangerine (for the laundry room)
Venetian Ivory (for our bathroom)
Aqua Fizz (for the main bathroom)
Deepstar Flint (for the kitchen)

The cabinets in the kitchen are white and the island is black. 
The laundry and bathroom cabinets are black.

I've finally allowed myself to get a little excited. It just seemed so far off. They've been building since October 15th (just over 3 months) and now it's finally coming together. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I start thinking about it and I get so excited I get butterflies in my stomach and I can't go back to sleep, like Christmas when I was little. We are SO blessed. 

P. S. I survived my talk yesterday. Ahhh.

4 comments:

  1. how exciting to hear about your house. i love those colors. i really REALLY wanna do stuff in our house but find myself doing organization and cleaning for now. still haven't quite "fit" Bucket into our house yet. but his room is slowly coming along.

    i do love doing the everyday things. it gives me peace. like washing dishes at night after the kids are in bed and just having time to unwind. it's so nice!

    www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drove through your hometown the other day and thought of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen! How are you?? Is your blog private? I haven't been able to find you for awhile... I was just thinking of you the other day too :)

      Delete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...