Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ramblings, a good book, and a great scripture

Gabe and me at Zeke's graduation...
I love this guy, we have a lot of fun together.

It's been a busy week, but a good one. I am SO relieved to have Zeke's party over with. It was fun, but a lot of work and unnecessary stress.

On Tuesday, I went to a great Relief Society Activity about Family Home Evening. I actually learned a few new things that I want to try... I'll share them with you later.

On Wednesday, my wonderful visiting teachers came over to see me. I love these women. They are my friends.

On Thursday, our new home teacher and his wife came over and we really enjoyed getting to know them better.

Heavenly Father knew I needed a spiritual boost this week.:)

On Thursday, I helped at my friend, Julie's, preschool. It was a long day, but I really enjoyed it. We went to Willow Park for a field trip (twist my arm) -- it just happens to be one of my favorite places ever.

So far, I'm really enjoying "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, it's one of those books that I'm thinking about all day long and I carry with me from room to room just to get a few pages in here and there. It's going to be one that I will never forget... and if I do, I'll just have to read it again!

Zeke bought ME a graduation present Tuesday night... a cell phone. Not sure what to think about it... you see, dear friends, I am a guilt-monger. I thrive on guilt. The last 3 years have been really tight financially and well, I've gotten along just fine without a phone. Zeke wanted to get one for himself when he graduated, but his work got one for him... so he wanted to get one for me! We'll see... so many buttons... so many apps, so many things I don't even know or care about. (yet) Thanks, sweetie! He just said, "I know you'll love it and I want you to have it!" Yes, I think I've said this a million times, but he is a keeper for sure!

Beck is at this very moment having a HUGE fit and saying it's "My turn on da compooter!!!!!" HELP! If you ever wonder why my blog posts feel choppy and don't make sense, it's because I have a three year old climbing all over me and yelling in my ear. Persistent doesn't even begin to describe this boy.

Just this morning I was getting ready and I had my flat iron plugged in. I have told Beck since he was crawling NOT to touch my flat iron. "It's very hot, Beck, it will burn you; ouch!" He kept grabbing at it, teasing me while I was putting my mascara on... "Beck, it will hurt you, please do not touch it!" Next thing I know, Beck jerks his arm back screaming... out of the corner of my eye I saw him grinning and he reached over to touch it on purpose. Wow. I wonder if Heavenly Father watches us make dumb choices like that and all he can do is shake his head and think, "I told you so!" I love that boy and I hope he can learn to mind, even just a little bit for his own safety. I am so thankful that he's okay. ( "... it's just a flesh wound")

Here's a great scripture I found this week; it has really helped me to process and deal with events and relationships in my life.

2 Timothy 3:1-12: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, un-thankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, truce-breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with diverse lusts,

Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

I am so thankful for the scriptures. I know it isn't easy, but I know that trying to live the Gospel will bless our lives and it is the right thing to do.

I am so thankful for my husband. He is my best friend and I know that he will always stand by me and support me in whatever comes our way.

3 comments:

  1. I read "the Help" last year and LOVED it! The author is amazing how she writes in those various characters and makes them come to life. The movie comes out this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Willow Park! We drive all the way back to Logan just to go to that park with our kids...at least I assume you mean THAT Willow Park. I miss that beautiful place...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Help. It's now on my all time favorite list, and I hope to read it again someday. Happy reading! You need a break after your busy week, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...