Friday, January 20, 2012

Shredded Pork Tacos

This is a family favorite. So easy and YUMMY! I got this recipe from my trusty "Better Homes and Gardens" Cook Book. It's a good one. If we're having people over for dinner, this is always one of my go-to recipes.

Shredded Pork Tacos
1 3lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ground coriander
 2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried organo, crushed
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 cup beef broth

Put the meat in a crockpot. Mix up all of the herbs and spices into the beef broth and pour over the top. Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours until meat is tender and easy to shred. Shred it with two forks (I'll try to post a picture of this later -- I just started my crockpot.) Then, add 3/4 cup salsa and mix well. Here it is ready to cook: That's fresh minced garlic on top: YUMMY!
Taco stuff:
Corn tortillas (or flour, but we like corn)
2 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice, we like colby jack, cheddar, or even mozzarella)
1/4 cup sliced olives (we usually don't do the olives)
Sour Cream (optional)
Avocado, sliced (optional)

I'll add some more pictures later.

4 comments:

  1. Excited! I'm hungry already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good!!! I am going to have to try it for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, YUM! i so need to be eating this or making this. i love that you can put it in a crock pot!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...