Friday, February 1, 2013

Lime Sherbet

Lime Sherbet

1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
1 cup sugar
1 cup boiling water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (This really adds flavor!)
4 cups cold milk

In a bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Add lemon juice and peel. Whisk in milk; mix well. Pour into and ungreased 9-inch square pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
Transfer to a mixing bowl; beat for 2 minutes. Return to the pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour; stir. Freeze 1 hour longer or until firm (mine took about 2 hours). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings. 
_____________________

I found this recipe in an old cookbook of mine. It's great for a homemade treat -- I had all the ingredients in my pantry and it was very easy to make. I made it on a day we were all home and I just set my kitchen timer when I needed to stir it and such. We were really surprised how good it tasted. I think it would be fun to try other flavors too. :)

1 comment:

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...