Monday, February 7, 2011

Off to Neverland!

I guess it's time to grow up! I made No-Bake cookies with the girls the other day and well, I ate about 6 (or maybe 10) of them and surprise: I got REALLY sick!

It makes me think of Jim Gaffigan... he says he must be lactose intolerant because he had 4 milkshakes one night and got sick. Hmm, I wonder why?



Or when Wendy's father, Mr. Darling, has decided it's time for her to move out of the nursery because it's time for her to grow up. It's time for me to grow up and just have one or two cookies! DUH.

From Peter Pan --
Mr. Darling: "Dash it all, Nana, don't look at me like that. It's nothing personal, it's just that... well, you're not really a nurse at all, you're... well, a dog. And the children aren't puppies, they're people. And sooner or later, Nana, people have to grow up."

Wendy
: I'm so glad you came back tonight. I might never have seen you.
Peter
: Why?
Wendy
: Because I have to grow up tomorrow.
Peter
: Grow up?!
Wendy
: Tonight's my last night in the nursery.
Peter
: But that means no more stories!
Wendy
(crying): Mm-hmm.
Peter
: No! I won't have it! Come on! Off to Neverland!!
(photos from Google images)
This is me--

Lacy: I'm so glad I made more cookies tonight. I might never have anymore...
Cookies: Why?
Lacy: Because I have to grow up tomorrow.
Cookies: Grow up?!
Lacy: Tonight's my last night I'm going to make myself sick, I just can't stop eating them!
Cookies: But that means no more cookies!
Lacy(crying): Mm-hmm.
Cookies: No! I won't have it! Come on! Off to the kitchen!!

"absolute poppycock!"

My mom says she feels like an addict, because she still eats too much chocolate, but it's so good it's worth getting sick for... I know how she feels, but my view of getting sick and eating too much chocolate might be changing... well, for today.

I'm feeling very random tonight. My sweet hubby had to go out of town for work this week. :( The kids and I took him to the airport. I had a bit of chocolate (Yay! and didn't get sick!)

Listened to some old songs on X96 on the way home... thought my kids would like them... started singing and well, stopped. Did it really say that?! Some of the music I used to listen to was just plain rotten and I didn't even know it or care, I guess. But some of it's still good :) Ahh, the memories!

Hopefully, I can be productive... I want to finish my quilt at least.

P.S. What mother assumes her son has no (middle) school today, because her daughters don't (elementary)? Apparently me! Yep, Gabe had school and I thought he didn't.... sheesh! Really, am I qualified to do this? I'm not so sure.

8 comments:

  1. Now I know I will NEVER grow up because there is NO WAY I can only eat two no bake cookies (or only two of ANY cookies I love for that matter.) Good luck this week with your hubby gone. I understand those "random" feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I know that feeling. What happened to eating whatever and not feeling like crap? I don't like this...

    Also, I wanted to show you this: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/ One of my favorite blogs. All about 80s alternative music. My sister and I, we're addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way about the music we listened to (our choice as teenagers!) and even movies that we watched...maybe even as pre-teens. Like Footloose. Have you watched that as an adult? I couldn't. The violence in it was too much. I didn't even remember the violence in that movie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mis! How are you? I totally agree with you... what were we thinking?! I think of the scripture about Laman and Lemuel being "past feeling" I just don't think we were able the hear or feel the Holy Ghost telling us what was good or bad... we were saturated with bad stuff and didn't even know it.

    Yeah, Footloose is filthy!

    Mistie, my dear friend, I miss you! LOTS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If growing up means less chocolate count me out. I know what you mean about the music. I will turn up the radio when a song comes on that I would listen to in high school and as I listen to the words I'm surprised I never noticed how bad the lyrics were before. Wow that was a run on sentence wasn't it ha ha. I don't think I paid attention to a lot of the lyrics it was the rhythm I cared about I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! we timed our thoughts on music perfectly :)

    I need to grow up but I don't really want to. I can't just stop at a few cookies but I really need to.

    Good luck with your husband away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I really qualified for this job? I wonder that all the time. More often, though, I wonder out loud, "How did this become my life?" It's a giant pile of insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had eggs in a hole for 2 days in a row, and now, tomorrow, i am going to make no bake cookies and probably eat them all myself. heh heh... :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents (or more):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...